Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pulled Pork for Dummies

I got this one from Cassy, who was right in describing it as super easy and super yummy. If you have three ingredients, a crockpot, and all day to wait, you have pulled pork, my friends.


Pulled Pork

Ingredients
Pork roast
Bbq sauce of your choice
Applesauce

Equipment
Crockpot

Instructions
Put the roast in the crockpot. Pour most of a bottle of bbq sauce on/around it. Cover the top of the roast with applesauce. Cook on low for 8-9 hours. Shred with a fork.

Yields
Depends on how you eat your pulled pork. I could probably make ten sandwiches out of this thing, maybe more.

Total time
8-9 hours (unattended)

Cleanup rating 4/5
I hate cleaning the crockpot. (Usually Birk winds up doing it for me.) I used to have some of those plastic liners... I should find those again, then this would be like a 1/5.

Difficulty rating 1/10
Put three things in the pot and turn it on (and make sure it's plugged in). Literally anyone can do this.

Flavor rating 7/10
Birk suggested a more... permeating... sauce. Something with more vinegar (I used a honey bbq... not the best suited to this task, because it stays on the outside of the roast for the most part). But I enjoyed it very much anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment