Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Lemon Cucumber

This isn't a recipe... this is a "hey did you know this thing existed?" I introduce to you... the lemon cucumber.


This is a lemon cucumber. The "lemon" comes from the look,
the "cucumber" comes from everything else: flavor, smell, etc.

Cut open; NOW it looks like a cucumber. This one smelled
pretty strongly of cucumber when I cut it open, too. Yummy!
It had more seeds than a usual cucumber too; I don't know if
that's typical of these guys or if it's just the one I got.

When I try a new vegetable or fruit, I like to eat it by itself
so I'm not influenced by other flavors when deciding if I like it.
I just washed this little guy, cut it up, and salted it as a side dish.

It was delicious and I hope to have more in the future. My mother-in-law sent me home with this one after Independence Day dinner because I saw one cut in half on the counter and had to ask about it.

I haven't been eating cucumbers with the skin on for a long time (since I had them growing in my back yard, actually; I peel cucumbers that come from the store) so I don't know if it was the skin or just a difference between this and other cucumbers, but it was very crunchy. And I usually cut that many seeds out of a normal cucumber but these weren't as bad as normal-cucumber-seed-abundance.


No comments:

Post a Comment