Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Breakfast Apples

I made breakfast again! And it was delicious. The plan was scrambled eggs, but I turned my back long enough for it to accidentally be an omelet. Which was pretty cool, because I've never managed to make an omelet before. I also made bacon, but I thought we needed something plant-based... so I grabbed an apple and made the following!


Breakfast Apples

Ingredients
1 apple (mine was Granny Smith)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter

Equipment
microwave

Instructions
Dice your apple and put it in a bowl. Add the butter, sugar, and cinnamon, and mix. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well. Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir well again, and enjoy!

Yields
2 servings as a side

Total time
5 minutes

Cleanup rating 2/5
I have a thing about never being able to use brown sugar without getting it all over my hands (and the counter). And the bowl is pretty sticky but you can run it through the dishwasher, so it's not a big deal.

Difficulty rating 2/10
Dicing an apple is the hardest thing involved.

Flavor rating 8/10
Yum! Not too sweet. Went perfectly with the rest of our breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment