Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Crostini

My favorite thing at Baker's Crust is the apple and brie bruschetta, with green apples, brie, walnuts, and caramel sauce. It's absurdly delicious. That is what I was thinking of when I threw this together.


Apple Crostini

Ingredients
apple
honey
goat cheese
French bread
butter

Equipment
griddle pan, stove

Instructions
Melt butter on the griddle pan and lay slices of bread on top. While the bread toasts (don't forget to check on it and flip it when it's ready!) slice the apple. (It'll take longer than that, so maybe cook something else in the meantime.) When the toast is done on both sides, spread goat cheese on one side, lay apple slices on top, and drizzle with honey. Devour.

Yields
as many pieces as you want to make

Total time
5 minutes

Cleanup rating 1/10
Wash the butter off the griddle pan, and drop a knife in the dishwasher, and you're done.

Difficulty rating 2/10
If you can make grilled cheese, you can make this.

Flavor rating 10/10
One of my new favorite foods, hands-down. I love it and I want to eat all of it forever.

Adjustability: high
You can put whatever you want on a crostini! Any kind of cheese, herbs, vegetables, fruits, sauces, anything!

Make it with...
Anything or nothing. As you can see in the photo, I made the kale and onion saute (but I actually got the onions cooked all the way this time, so it was much better) and sauteed some beer brats, for a well-rounded and delicious dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment