Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Baked Potatoes

Tonight's dinner is actually a two-fer but I'm making two posts. First up: baked potatoes! Super easy, but super yummy.



Baked Potatoes

Ingredients:
potatoes
kosher salt
vegetable oil

Equipment:
oven
foil
baking sheet

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Wash your potatoes and pat them dry. Stab them several times with a fork (don't stab your hand). Coat with vegetable oil (usually I just hold them over the sink, pour a little bit of oil on the top, and rub it onto the rest of the potato with my hands) and put on the pan. Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake for an hour.

Yields:
Depends on how many potatoes you use.

Total time: about an hour

Cleanup rating: 1/5
Remove foil; throw away. It does not get easier. It really does not. Unless somehow you could eat the pan, too. I don't recommend that.

Difficulty rating: 1/5
If you can remove a hot pan from the oven without disaster, you can make baked potatoes. Oh and avoid stabbing your hand with the fork. But I only did that once. And it wasn't tonight.

Flavor rating: 10/10
To be fair, this is pretty much my favorite food ever. Plus, it sort of depends on what you put on the potatoes. I use butter, salt, and this time, leftovers of Elaine's cheese sauce, which I must get the recipe for and make for you guys some time. By which I mean make for myself and tell you how to make.

Here it is in all its cheese-sauce-y glory (along with the sauteed green beans):



No comments:

Post a Comment