Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sausage and Veggie Bake, Revisited

I faced a dilemma today: make something new for dinner so I can blog about it, or remake that incredible sausage and veggie bake from the other night? Well, if you can read post titles, you know that you missed out on reading about red pepper chicken (at least for a few more days).

But I made two little changes to the sausage and veggie bake this time, and they were both improvements.

Change 1:
Instead of cutting the red pepper into strips, I cut it into larger square-like shapes. This kept them from devolving into mush and sadness, and some of them actually got a little bit of char on the skin, which is just... so great.

Change 2:
This one is cheating actually, because it's two changes that led to the same better outcome. First, I lined the pan with foil because the stuck-on bits of potato from last time were brutal. Then - and this one was actually sort of by accident - I put the potatoes in the pan last. Last time, they went in first, so the flat edges of potato were stuck down to the pan and no oil/broth mixture got between them and the pan, making them (say it with me) get stuck to the pan. Almost nothing stuck to the foil, partially due to spraying the foil with Pam and partially due to the potatoes not being flat-side-down to it, allowing the liquid to get all up under everything.

I would share a photo, but we ate every bite. Seriously. We were hungry, and it was delicious. Still a 10/10 recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment