Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

BBQ Pizza

I was planning a really epic dinner of dumplings with dipping sauce and a soy-honey pork, but the store was missing a few key ingredients. So I had to improvise. And I made pizza!


No, the color isn't off on your monitor (well... it could be, but if it weren't, this still might look a little odd) and I didn't burn it. It's bbq pizza!

BBQ Pizza

Ingredients
Boboli pizza crust
Jack Daniel's honey barbecue sauce
pepperoni
black olives
four-cheese blend (the same one I used on the avocado chicken parm last night)

Equipment
cookie sheet or pizza stone, oven, pizza cutter

Instructions
The instructions are actually on the Boboli crust package. Preheat the oven to 450F, put sauce, cheese, and toppings on the crust, bake for 8-10 minutes. I put the cheese on top of my toppings in the hopes that it would keep the pepperoni from sliding around when I tried to cut the pizza (like they've done in the past) but it didn't help.

Yields
an 8" pizza (which I cut into 6ths)

Total time
15 minutes (waiting for the oven to heat up takes half the time; baking the pizza takes the other half)

Cleanup rating 1/5
It hardly gets easier. No dishes involved, except the pan (which, unless you're just the worst at spreading sauce, will be almost clean anyway) and the plate I ate off of.

Difficulty rating 2/10
I had to fight with the olive can because I had a mishap with the can opener, but that isn't really the recipe's fault. There's a reason people use "make your own pizza night" as a family event... kids can do this.

Flavor rating 5/10
Not bad. I used a little bit too much sauce.

Adjustability: high
You can put ANYTHING on your pizza. Any sauce, any cheese, any toppings... whatever you want.

Make it with...
I made a big huge salad to go with mine, because I usually associate pizza and salad with Italian dressing. Probably from going to the Pizza Hut lunch buffet so much as a kid, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment