Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Honey Mustard Dressing

I can't even try to introduce this one. I found it in an image on Pinterest (from Spark People but the image is here). Everything I want to say belongs in a section below, so here we go... honey mustard dressing.


Honey Mustard Dressing

Ingredients
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp honey

Equipment
bowl, whisk

Instructions
Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.

Yields
Enough for maybe 4-5 salads? Maybe about 1/3 cup?

Total time
5 minutes

Cleanup rating 2/5
Lots of liquids to be measured so you need to clean your Tbsp several times (or have a bunch of them on hand and clean them all after).

Difficulty rating 1/10
Mix things in a bowl? That's literally all it is. Mix things in a bowl.

Flavor rating 5/10
What a weird honey mustard. Yeah, there's honey in it... and mustard, too. But that much balsamic vinegar makes it very weird, and the Greek yogurt is a little apparent for my tastes. Birk really liked it, which I guess is great, but I don't think I'll repeat this one. When I brought Birk his plate, he said, "I thought you were going to make honey mustard?" So it's obviously not your usual honey mustard... but not bad.

Adjustability: low
I wouldn't have a clue how to change this. I'd just find a new recipe if I wanted something different.

Make it with...
Well, it was good on our salad, which it was intended for. It might be good drizzled on fresh bread, too.

Bonus photos: Dinner was avocado chicken with potatoes and salad made of lettuce from our planter, cucumber, and homemade croutons.


No comments:

Post a Comment