Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dipping Sauce for Dumplings

This is the incredibly easy sauce I made to go with our chicken dumplings. It almost doesn't even call for a separate post. But here it is!


Dumpling Dipping Sauce

Ingredients
2 Tbsp honey
1.5 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1.5 Tbsp orange marmalade

Equipment
bowl, spoon

Instructions
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. (Told you it was easy.)

Yields
Um... about 5 Tbsp of sauce. Based on math.

Total time
5 minutes

Cleanup rating 3/5
It's sticky and you don't want to let it sit overnight or it will be harder to clean.

Difficulty rating 1/10
You saw the instructions, right?

Flavor rating 8/10
YUM. I like sweet sauces, so I love it. Maybe a little less honey is called for. It was delicious though.

Adjustability: low
I'm sure you can mess with this one, but I don't know what I would do with it.

Make it with...
Well, the dumplings, of course. It would make a nice dipping sauce for most Chinese-style foods, really. Or just plain stuff, like grilled chicken or steamed veggies.

Bonus photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment